Kate Richard is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Warwick Energy Group, one of the largest institutional consolidators of interests in oil and gas with ~$2 billion in managed assets.
Kate began her career at Goldman Sachs & Co., working in private equity and natural resources investment banking in New York, London, and Paris. From 2007 to 2009, she invested in oil & gas, metals & mining, and sovereign debt for Serengeti Asset Management, a multi-strategy investment fund based in New York. From 2009 to 2012, she invested in international energy for MSD Capital, Michael Dell’s private investment fund in New York.
She has previously served on the Board of Directors of Flotek Industries, Inc. (NYSE: FTK), Imerys, SA (EPA: NK), a Paris-based industrial conglomerate and Abraxas Petroleum Corp (NASD: AXAS). She is a frequent lecturer at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and Harvard Business School and energy market commentator on CNBC and Bloomberg TV.
Ms. Richard is active in the US Humane Society, World Economic Forum, Young Presidents’ Organization, American Enterprise Institute and Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association.
Kate graduated from Harvard College with a degree in History and a focus on post-colonial theory.
Other Professional Experience and Community Development
- World Economic Forum Oil & Gas Agenda Council
- World Economic Forum 2013 Young Global Leader
- Oil & Gas Investor 20 Rising Stars Under 40
- Judge for Forbes 30 Under 30 Energy Award
- Journal Record 2014 Woman of the Year
- Regular Contributor to CNBC’s Power Lunch, Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio
- Guest Lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Harvard Business School, University of Pennsylvania, McCombs School of Business at University of Texas, and University of Oklahoma
- US Figure Skating Member
- Adult Competitor for Oklahoma City Figure Skating Club
- Harvard Class of 2004 Executive Committee
- Harvard Varsity Sailing Alumna
- Member of the Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association
- Member of the Humane Society of the United States